Pet Vaccinations in Memphis
Protect Your Pet’s Health
According to the ASPCA, vaccinating your pet is one of the key ways that you can keep them happy and healthy throughout their life. There are many serious diseases that can be prevented with vaccinations. These vaccines are an inexpensive and effective way to protect your pet’s health. At Walnut Grove Animal Clinic, we are pleased to offer a broad range of vaccinations for cats and dogs. Our team of veterinarians will work with you to understand your pet’s habits, lifestyle, and other factors in order to determine the best vaccine schedule for your pet. Ultimately, our goal is to help your pet thrive at every stage of life. Vaccinations are an easy way to give your pet the gift of good health.
For more information about pet vaccinations in Memphis from Walnut Grove Animal Clinic, please call us at (901) 979-7524 or contact us online today.
Vaccinations for Dogs
Dogs require certain vaccinations to keep them safe and healthy throughout their life. When you bring your dog in for their vaccinations, you are doing your part to protect your pet’s health as well as the health of other dogs in the community. Our team will assess your pet’s age, breed, sex, and lifestyle when crafting a recommendation for your dog’s vaccination program.
There are a few universal vaccinations that you dog will need to stay healthy for the long term:
- Parvovirus – This vaccine protects against a dangerous, highly contagious virus that can affect the gastrointestinal system and the cardiac system. Because puppies are particularly susceptible to the cardiac version of this disease (sometimes with fatal results), this vaccine is considered a core vaccine for all dogs.
- Distemper – This serious viral illness has no known cure, which means vaccinating against distemper is extremely important. It attacks various systems in your pet’s body, including respiratory, urogenital, gastrointestinal, and the nervous system.
- Rabies – One of the better known viral infections, rabies can be severe or even fatal in both pets and humans. It is important that you vaccinate your pet to protect against this disease that can ravage the central nervous system.
- Canine Influenza
Vaccinations for Cats
Like dogs, cats also need protection from various transmissible diseases. Our team will help you understand what vaccines are recommended for your cat based on their age, sex, breed, and lifestyle in addition to the core vaccinations listed below.
Most cats should receive the following vaccines:
- Rabies – Like dogs, cats can be affected by rabies as well. It is important that your cat receive this vaccine and the boosters regularly.
- Feline leukemia virus – This is a severe disease which is the leading cause of death in cats. It causes anemia or lymphoma, which can lead to other diseases or infections.
To make an appointment at Walnut Grove Animal Clinic, please call (901) 979-7524 or contact us online today.
What Makes Walnut Grove Animal Clinic Special?
CompassionEach of our patients is a member of someone’s family, and we strive to offer a caring touch and understanding in everything we do.
ExcellenceWe simply want to be the best that we can be. We are constantly learning and adapting to provide you and your pets the highest quality care possible.
We pledge to conduct our business and ourselves with honesty and moral conviction.
Dr. Chuck Halford has owned Walnut Grove Animal Clinic since 1993. He, along with his associate veterinarians and veterinary staff, strive to provide excellent veterinary care for your beloved pet. We are proud to provide a full-service veterinary hospital, as well as state-of-the-art pet boarding and pet grooming facilities. Everything we do is based on our clinic values. Contact Walnut Grove Animal Clinic today for high-quality veterinary care provided by our highly-trained staff.
“Very professional staff. Nice welcoming environment for me and my dog. Price is also reasonable. I would recommend Walnut Grove Animal Clinic to all my friends and family.”- Jason B.
“Walnut Grove Animal Clinic is our go-to vet. The staff is friendly, helpful and very accommodating. Excellent care for our dog is important to us - we are lucky to have found this exceptional clinic!”- Heidi T.
“Our pet had an unexpected medical problem and Dr. Slattery was detrimental in helping us find out what was wrong with our pup and how we could him get better. I am so thankful for him. He is straight out of a hallmark movie!”- Elyse D.